Giant Monkey Robot
Based in USA, Argentina and Chile
Free to play
Press / Business contact:
Steam Page - PC, Mac & Linux
442 Old La Honda RD
+1 650 644 6689
Original game developed by Fernando Córdoba & Giant Monkey Robot.
BalanCity started as a one man project to test a 2d physics mechanic of stacking blocks over a balancing platform. After envisioning these blocks as buildings, the idea of a city builder over a seezaw came to life.
The first beta of BalanCity was published on GameJolt and got over 18k plays in the course of six months. After being published on Steam Greenlight, the game got the attention of youtubbers and streamers with videos with hundreds of thousands views. The most watched video was made by user Draegast with over 400k views.
BalanCity was released for PC, Mac & Linux on September 21st 2016 on Steam. During that time, Giant Monkey Robot studio began the development of a mobile version of BalanCity which is set to be released on spring 2017.
BalanCity is a city building / balance physics game. It's a mixture between old school SimCity and Jenga. You must build the tallest towering city over a balancing platform while keeping your citizens happy. You can build residences, offices, power plants, train stations, airports, landmarks and more. You can play in different game modes:
- Free Build:A sandbox where your only limit is gravity.
- Scenarios: Based on real life cities, you must build all the landmarks before the city collapses.
- Straightforward city building simulation involving population, energy, jobs, pollution, approval rating and more.
- Engaging balance physics that will make your city wabble and collapse.
- Tour the world in eight world capitals such as New York, San Francisco, Paris, Tokyo and more.
- Destroy your city with disasters like earthquakes, fires, UFO attack and a monster.
- Test your skills in ten different missions that will unlock new buildings and game modes.
Contact email@example.com to get an Android or iOS copy of BalanCity.
There are far more images available for Balancity, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Mobile / Tablet Game" - WINNER -Game Connection America 2017 - San Francisco, USA - 2017
- "Best Casual Game", "Best Indie Game", "Most Creative Game", "Most Promising IP" - Nominee - Game Connection America 2017 - San Francisco, USA - 2017
- "Best Latin American Game - Finalist - BIG Festival" - Sao Paulo, Brazil - 2016
- "Best Kids and Family Game - Nominee - Indie Prize" - Tel Aviv, Israel - 2016
- "Best Proyect - Winner - MPVP by ADVA & IBM" - Buenos Aires, Argentina - 2016
- "Best PC Game - Finalist - Awesome Awards EVA Cordoba" - Cordoba, Argentina - 2016
- "Meet the Game - Gaming Showcase - Finalist " - Buenos Aires, Argentina - 2015
- "Top 10 Most Promising Titles - EVA" - Buenos Aires, Argentina - 2015
- "Finally, a city building game where utter failure is completely justified.
- Christopher Livingston, PC Gamer
- "I don’t really know why BalanCity exists, but I’m glad it does. I mean, look at this. It’s goofy as hell.
- Nathan Grayson, Kotaku
- "If anything, BalanCity‘s goofy premise only moves videogames closer to the wilder side of actual architectural efforts and considerations."
- Chris Priestman, Kill Screen
- "See how high you can get in this fantastic economic and physical balancing act.
- KJ Robertson, Alphabetagamer
- "BalanCity combines elements of Sim City and even Tetris with a lot of added wackiness and is one of the most fun free games available to play at the moment."
- Adam Singleton, Rocky Bytes
Original sound track and sound editing by Ostrich Studio http://www.ostrichsound.com/.
Team & Collaborator
Giant Monkey Robot
Eye patching, parrot feeding, shanty-singing